Maryland Scholarship Fund – 2017-2018
The Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Maryland will offer a scholarship for the 2017–‐ 2018 school year. Each scholarship will be in the Amount of $1,000, and more than one scholarship may be awarded depending on funding availability.
To be eligible, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member, Junior Member, or have direct lineage connection to a member of the Maryland Society (child, grandchild, nephew, or niece). There is no restriction on the residence of the applicant.
- Be registered for study at a four–‐year college or university. Documentation will be required as part of the application.
- Awards may be given for two consecutive years if updated transcripts showing a 3.0 GPA are submitted.
- Submit a completed application form by May 1, 2017.
- Recipients will be notified by June 1, 2017.
Instructions for completing the application package:
- Submit an application using the attached form by the deadline. The blank application may be copied. The application must be signed.
- Submit a 500 to 600 word essay entitled, ““How will being a Mayflower descendant likely shape my future.” Essays should be in 12-point font and double-spaced.
- List extracurricular activities, honors received, and any pertinent information that will demonstrate community Involvement (maximum 1 page).
- Include a recent photo of yourself (JPG format) for possible publication if you are selected as a recipient for our scholarship.
- Attach transcripts or report cards from the last two semesters enrolled.
Submit the application via email to:
James B. Battles, Governor;